0 of 3 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
0 of 3 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
You can click “View Questions” to see which questions you answered right (or wrong)
When Dealers sell a Vehicle to a Consumer, they must:
- Select ALL the correct answers
A “Report of Sale — Used Vehicle” (DMV form REG 51) must be completed when you sell a vehicle to a Consumer and
- Attach* the bottom tear-off section (bottom 1/3rd) of the Report of Sale to the sold vehicle before delivery of the vehicle to the Buyer
- Submit the main (upper) portion of the REG 51 with other title transfer documents
*Choose an area that won’t block the driver’s vision such as the lower, passenger side of the windshield.
Dealers no longer allowed to use “preprinted” Report of Sale forms that were previously provided by the DMV. All Reports of Sale, including the REG 51, must be entered online and printed on standard paper.CorrectIncorrect
Dealers must securely store their Reports of Sale at their principal place of business for
- Select ONLY the correct answer
The California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 13 §§272.00 requires Dealers to:
- Maintain the records vehicle transaction for 18 months at the principal place of business or branch location
- Create an electronic copy of the original record (provided the electronic copy meets specified requirements)
- After 18 months, use an offsite storage facility within the state or third party vendor to maintain records
- Retain all business records relating to vehicle transactions for not less than three years